Trentham School

Empowered Learners for the Future

High Jump


Thinking about coming to Trentham School -

What should you do?

Trentham School has an enrolment scheme in place.  You can find information on our zone here.  An enrolment pack can be obtained from the school office.  Please complete your child's enrolment online.    The School Code is 2099.  

Digital Enrolment - Parent Help

We carry out enrolments at 9.30am or 11.00am Monday to Friday. A staff member will meet with you to go through the enrolment pack, answer any questions you may have, and take you for a look around the school. 

Before your child can be enrolled the school requires you to bring your child’s:

  • Birth certificate or passport (Ministry of Education requirement) 
  • Immunisation certificate
  • Proof of residence of a property within the home zone

Five Year Old New Entrants

We welcome the enrolment of your child at any time, however to help with our planning, we encourage you to enrol your child by their 4th birthday. To help your child settle into school we have a transition to school programme. This involves classroom and Sunflower Club visits for six weeks prior to your child starting school. Sunflower Club is a preschool club aimed to give enrolled four year olds a head start in settling into school during the six weeks they are making class visits. Parents will receive our Transition to School booklet at their first class visit.

Older Children

If you are transferring to Trentham School from another school within New Zealand, please contact the school office as soon as possible and arrange a time to come to the school office to complete the school’s enrolment form. This will also be an opportunity to discuss your child’s needs so that the class placement can be the most appropriate for your child.

New Immigrant Students

If you have arrived in New Zealand and wish to enrol at Trentham School please contact us as soon as possible. We will require you to complete the same enrolment documentation as all other students. In addition, students must supply verification documents. These may include a valid student visa/permit or parent’s passport with a valid work permit.