“Learning, thinking, talking, fine-motor, friendship and fun.”
Our weekly afternoon Sunflower Club is a preschool club aimed to give enrolled four year olds a head start in settling into school during the six weeks they are making class visits leading up to beginning school.
We have a specially designed programme for these children presented by our Deputy Principal, Erica Leggett, to help make their transition to school easier which includes oral language, reading, writing, arts and maths activities.
This is a great opportunity for children and their parents to interact together and become familiar with school routines and for preschoolers to bond together. Class visits on a suitable day can be made through the School Office.
- Have fun and enjoy the experience
- Meet and make new friends
- Practise using fine motor skills by using scissors, colouring in and writing letters
- Recognise and write their name
- Develop concepts about print, number knowledge and oral language
- Learn school routines.
- Meet other parents/caregivers
- Find out about school expectations and how to make the transition smooth for their child.